Developed to be an all ages, inclusive playground, adjacent to the Civic Facilities in Bannokburn, Bannockburn Heart will include both wet and dry play facilities. Newly installed pathways, playground surfacing, and carefully thought out landscaping will ensure a pleasing aesthetic to the park while providing valuable access points and socialisation areas for visitors.
A new amenities block will house toilet facilities and the equipment room while new shade shelters, BBQ equipment and built in furniture elements will ensure there are features for the whole family to enjoy. A provision which will also allow for the expansion of the existing Farmers Market facilities.
Just opened to the public, the new park provides an engaging all abilities play space with water play features + flying foxes + a giant tree house + ninja style challenges and more.
Design, Engineering & Construction
The concept design was undertaken with Landscape Architecture firm Planit Holdings, with an emphasis on the integration of adventure and aquatic play elements. Playscape Creations has undertaken this construction contract under Rendine Constructions on behalf of Golden Plains Shire Council and the process they demand demonstrates Playscape Creations’ ability to perform at this level and meet the expectations of developers.
- Design features a splashpad with 40 interactive elements, including a tipping bucket and canopy trio
- 1500 Litres per minute flow through the hydraulic systems
- 400m2 of concrete make up the waterplay slab
- Designed for inclusivity for all ages and abilities
- Ninja style fitness challenges promote healthy, active living for all