Parks Week Australia and New Zealand
Connect With Nature, 3-9 March 2014
Parks Week is an annual celebration of the important role that our parks play in contributing to the health of our communities. A range of formal and informal events take place across Australia and New Zealand during parks week – there is something for everyone.
Parks Week aims to:
- Highlight and celebrate the important role parks play – across people, communities, and the natural environment;
- Encourage greater use of parks;
- Celebrate the contribution that volunteers make to parks;
- Promote the healthy parks, healthy people message;
- Promote park management agencies and the work they do.